The Arlberg Ski Resort – the Cradle of Alpine Skiing
Hard to Beat
Amongst all the ski resorts that the Austrian Alps have to offer, there is one that stands out again and again. Be it its history, its sportive background, the party culture, the winter sports development or even its geography: there is no way around the Arlberg.
The Arlberg mountain pass used to be an unscalable obstacle for centuries and claimed the lives of many. Today it is known for something completely else: limitless skiing fun and finest après-ski. The facts alone are impressive:
- 340 kilometres of pistes
- 200 kilometres of deep powder snow slopes
- A huge area with ski runs in all four cardinal directions that stretches over 9 valleys
- An average of 7m snow per winter
- 65% of all pistes are equipped with snow canons
- 94 state-of-the-art cable cars and lift facilities
- Transport with a capacity of 150,000 people per hour
- More than 1,000 experienced winter sports instructors at several skiing schools
- Fun parks & racing tracks
- Competitions and big events like “Der Weiße Ring” (“The White Ring”) or the legendary “Weiße Rausch” (“White Ecstasy”)
More Than Just Facts: Pure Skiing Bliss
This doesn’t even cover half of the story. It just gets better and better when you enjoy a day of skiing to the fullest: glistening snow fields in the morning light, untouched deep snow slopes or a refreshing drink on one of the ski huts’ sun terraces … and last but not least the legendary St. Anton après-ski culture that makes this ski resort so unique.
Basecamp – Your Meeting Point in St. Anton
You will find one of the best and most popular après-ski locations directly at the end of the piste in St. Anton. Basecamp is an umbrella bar, a lounge, a restaurant with excellent cuisine and a ski hut all in one. Right at the Galzigbahn and Gampenbahn valley station and directly in the centre of St. Anton you don’t have to worry how to get home: after all you’ve already skied down to the valley. Visit us – for a snack, a meal or in order to round off the day all relaxed with the finest electronic sounds by the resident DJs.
Neueste Artikel von Klaus Moosbrugger Lettner (alle ansehen)
- Good Health During Winter - 3. December 2014
- The Bergschlössl – A Boutique Hotel at the Arlberg - 5. November 2014
- A Castle on the Arlberg - 10. October 2014